Creating Multiple ActiveX Textboxes

MrChuck

I am currently working on a project that will allow a user to enter comments in a text box. From there, I would like to allow them to send that comment to a read only, scrollable textbox placed next to its respective label in a spreadsheet. So far, I can get all of this to work with only one small hiccup... I need to create a textbox for each of several hundred labels.

So, my question is this. Is there a way to automate the process of creating placing and linking large quantities of textboxes? I feel comefortable enough with VB and excel to obtain a list of variables needed(as far as range of cells for placement and which cells to link them all to) its just that I am not sure of any code to implement along with those numbers for use in a macro or some such other idea. So anyway, thanks for your time and any insights or clever tricks that might help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. If there is a better way to add scroll bar functionality to a cell please let me know.

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Using Cells and their associated Comments would be easier than creating all those Labels and textboxes.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back