Creating the ultimate Excel sheet - module, task, resource, hourly cost, time, allocation - weekly, monthly reports

angmocummer

Hi friends,

I have created a sheet, where I have the following:

Module/Project
Task
Time taken by developer 1
Time taken by developer 2
Time taken by developer 3
Time taken by developer 4
Time taken by developer 5

Developers are segregated by offices, so there are 2 types right now, can be more later. So, on-shore and off-shore developers

They have an hourly cost, and that gets calculated by the hours they spend. Eventually to the hours spent on the module. An offshore vs onshore comparison for cost and time, all the good stuff, that was dead simple.

Now, here is what I want.

A method where I can distribute these hours spent by each developer by day. Some of them work full day, some of them don't (there is no concept of over time, however, some have 9 hour days and some have 8 hour days).
Once I have been able to enter that by day, I should be able to get the stats of hours/costs/by resource/onshore/offshore by week and month.
I have a monthly budget, and need to compare the burn rate against the actual budget i have for the next 2 or 3 quarters.

What is the best way to achieve this?

Maybe MS Project? But I was not able to find a way to define 8 hour work days for some resources and 9 hour work days for some resources in the same project; it was possible to define the length of work days, but not by resources individually.

Happy to pay for something that already does this, because it seems that this is not something that is uncommon to expect from a project planning perspective. However, looking for your expert opinions here.

I have sifted through various threads of this very active community/forum and have not find something that just fits the bill. Bits here, bits there, but I am still a novice at Excel, which is apparent from the Excel sheets I have attached.

GDN_Hybrid_Cost_v0.3.xlsx

Cheers,
Gordon

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeremy_bp001

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back