cross boxes in excel 2007

nazatron

Hi,

So I am creating checkboxes and linking them to IF statements. I have figured it out all right but I really cannot go through 500 rows and insert checkboxes manually in each row. I am not a VB guru, either so I need some clear explanation. Please help me!!! I need to get this done for work. Thank you so much!

Best,

nazatron

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Do you really need 500 checkboxes?

Sounds like it's just causing problems and I can envisage other issues, for example file size.:)

Upvote 0
I would use a similar solution shown by MrExcel in the MrExcel podcast:

http://mrexcel.libsyn.com/check_marks_in_excel_podcast_1180

If you don't have QuickTime in order to view the podcast, put the letter R in the rows that you want a checkbox to appear, and then change the font to Wingdings 2. Use letter Q if you want just a box to appear.

Note: this solution is case sensitive, so you have to put the letters in uppercase.

Upvote 0
Hi delaneyjm,

Thank you for your answer. I tried typing in the R, which works, however mine isn't for printing purposes. I need to connect that box to an IF statement. It works when I insert boxes from the developer's tab, but as I said before, it has to be done manually and I feel like that would shorten my life by quite a few years. Do you know another solution? Thanks a ton.

nazatron

Upvote 0
What are you actually trying to do? There has got to be a better solution than 500 checkboxes :eek:

Upvote 0
Creating a space shuttle launch checklist?? 500 is a lot of checkboxes.

Use webdings and modify the IF statements accordingly.

Or is it that you need mouse interaction with the screen? Is that why you need checkboxes?

Upvote 0
Haha, you guys, so my company runs hundreds of lead generation campaigns for its clients, and everyday certain campaigns are paused/reactivated manually from a propriatory program and this excel sheet is used for keeping track of which ones have been paused etc.
Ragnar1211, do you mean use "windings2" or webdings? How would I be able to uncheck it? Thanks so much.

Naz

Upvote 0
Doing all the boxes manually would also entail clicking on each one and formatting it such that it is linked to a corresponding cell in the same row.
This is what I am building: (think of it as neighboring cells in a row)

(check the box) | (TRUE) | "activated" | (the date updated etc.)

similarly, the row below could be

(uncheck the box) | (FALSE) | "deactivated" | (the date updated etc.)

This I am able to do with each cell but there must be an easier way of doing this everytime. Thanks a ton!

Upvote 0
How about Data>Validation...?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yap999

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back