Excel Versions, Equities & Throttle

Data123

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
i am a well seasoned equity trader, but i am new to excel. i crossed over to excel because i prefer viewing equity data in spreadsheet format and i also wanted to be able to customize queries.

i recently purchased excel 365 and have experienced cell statements like busy, calc, many green circles in the upper corner of the cell. also, i believe msft is throttling the app, which is what i think is happening when they show me those statements mentioned. when this happens i wait 45 mins and get no change, then i close the app reopen it and 80% of those statements are gone....all i really want is access to end of day equity data to calculate on my pc.

also, excluding weekends and holidays for data calculating is a hassle. ***i assume this issue will be in an older version of excel also?

curious if an older version of excel that does not need to connect with msft's back end servers and an alternative end of day equity data would be a better fit?

if so what older version of excel would offer this? also, any recommendations for an alternative equity data provider? can excel access outside data well and easily? outside meaning other than STOCKHISTORY so it would be either located on my hard drive or from an api? i am not looking to scrape data.

You could set calculation to manual?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back