Random issues with Excel

Formula11

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Don't know how to explain but have been having random issues with Excel.

Currently, after rearranging document which has about 3000 rows, by cutting and pasting rows, a few times, data in a row or a few rows, just disappears.

To be honest I found the older version of Excel much more stable.
Using 365 at the moment, and also on previous computer. It's like you can't explain what happens. Something which kept bothering me on other computer is that you'd select Excel to start and nothing, second time mostly worked, sometimes had to click third time for Excel to start.

Also with current issue, I have a lot of merged cells, and have heard of issues with merged cells but presume it's not of this nature. And also I never had issues with merged cells with previous versions.

Why does this happen?

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
I have not had any stability issues with Excel 365, nor have I really heard of anyone else having issues with it.
It sounds to me like perhaps you have a corrupt install of Excel, or a corrupt workbook.

I would first try things out on a brand new workbook. Are you able to replicate the issues on a new workbook?
If not, that suggests that your issue may be with the particular workbook itself.
If you are able to replicate the issues, that may indicate an issue with your installation of Excel, and you may want to try to reinstall it on your computer.

Upvote 0
OK thanks for advising.
Both are work computers and I have had issues with both.
Most of the time, small things which have an effect on enjoyment of use.

But lately random row or rows (not cells) are getting cleared.
When data in these rows is used for other cells ... it is becoming an issue.

I have an add-in which I use for some common tasks, but again have had this in previous versions if Excel dating back to 2007 or earlier and never really had any issues such as this.

Upvote 0
OK, I would expect then that perhaps the add-in or some other VBA code may be causing some interference.
Where did this add-in come from, and is to confirmed to work on later versions?
Has VBA been enabled on these computers?
Are you missing any VBA references/libraries that it (or other Excel VBA code) may be using?

I think without seeing an actual example of exactly what you are talking about, it is difficult for us to help you troubleshoot this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techog

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back