lpvdsteen

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
it must be easy, but I am staring at the screen a bit blank
excel 365 in this case
Ik have 2 columns, 0ne with, say, functions, one with, say, roles, both are multiple in the columns, but the match should only exist once or not
I want a table with header functions, rows vertically and a 1 (of x or other marking) when there is a match.
Then, to make it more complex, if that is at all possible, based on a diffent variable, the selection of roles an functions may vary, als in number. These roles and functions i fill with a filter so these are automatically filled out

So, how do I get the 1's in place? I tried a sort of double filter: =FILTER(($A:$A*0)+1,($A:$A=E$1)*($B:$B=$D3),"") but not to the desired effect.

1639519108432.png
1639519163044.png

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
I am not sure I fully understand where you are at but see if this does what you need.
An XL2BB would have been useful. It would have also given visibility over what this means
These roles and functions i fill with a filter so these are automatically filled out

If you don't want to see 0's you can either use an If statement or just suppress them with a custom format.
If you don't want to know if something is > 1 then use an If statement to return "" or "X"

Note: Your profile says Excel 2016 but you are clearly using 365, you might want to update your profile.

Book1
ABCDEFGHI
1functRoleSELECTION
2adm1add
3admdeladmasbcbbglm
4asbremadd01100
5asbadddel10000
6lmremchg00000
7cbaddrem01001
8adm1delsav00000
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
E4:I8E4=COUNTIFS($A$2:$A$8,E$3,$B$2:$B$8,$D4)

Upvote 0
Thanks Alex, My profile is correct, but in this case, i use 365. That's why i expressly mentioned that in mij questio
The countifs will do it, and do do it, the problem however being that they don't fill out; i will have to do that myself.
That's why i was looking at a possibility usen an array like function for this (and a reason for using the 365 version)

But thanks for thinking along

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back