Custom Ribbon Strange Behaviour in Shared Workbook Saved in Maximized Window Mode

coolvi

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello! I have gotten so much help from this board and I do not feel the greatest where my first contribution is in the form of another question/problem, but now that I am here, who know!?

I will try and keep it short. I have built an Excel-based scheduling tool with a custom ribbon in a shared workbook. I have also customized RoryA's ribbon ID bit to accommodate 50 users simultaneously and everything has been working nearly flawlessly, except:

When the shared workbook was last saved with Excel window maximized and the next user has Excel running in normal window mode, opening the file causes Excel to attempt to maximize the window which then returns the "429 - ActiveX component can't create object" error before any code is run. It seems as the maximization of the application window process prevents the creation of the ribbon and this occurs before any code is run.

I have added a workaround to BeforeSave to store each user's window state, change application.windowstate to normal, save, then restore user's previous window state, but have not been able to fix this problem.

Has anyone experienced this strange behaviour? Any thought/idea/guess/pointer is greatly appreciated!

BTW, the spreadsheet works without any issue when in single-user mode.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back