Data Analysis ToolPak ANOVA

RAdams1245

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
I am running an ANOVA analysis on my survey data. The survey has twenty total questions. I exported the file from Qualtrics to CSV first then opened it in Excel for Mac (Ver. 16.64). I noticed that ten people out of the total sample of 200 people did not complete the survey, leaving out an answer to one question. In the Excel file, these cells are blank. The rest of the other cells have numbers in them representing the survey scale, 1 to 4. When I try to run an analysis using the Data Analysis feature, like ANOVA or many others, I get a message that says Excel cannot run the analysis because the blank cells have non numeric data in them. How can I fix this without deleting these entire records? Can I run the analysis with the blank cells left as is or modify them in any way so I can run my analysis? I would like to keep the ten incomplete survey files especially because they only did not answer one question out of twenty.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back