Data doesn't show in chart

irontis

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi guys,

Let's start saying that my Excel knowledge is very basic and when it comes to charts is less than zero. However, I am trying to find how to work with it through tutorials as I need it for a urgent project.

Using data from a report I have, I am trying to pull a basic column graph that shows two values in comparison. Although, once I generate the graph from the data, there's no column appearing even if the data seems selected correctly. Please see screen below:

1654908418317.png

I have literally watched 7 different tutorials, and they all do the same thing to pull up a basic graph. Mine always comes blank for some reason and I don't seem to get the columns, lines or whatever even if I change the style of graph. Maybe it's something really easy, I just can't seem to find the problem.

Thanks in advance for your time, and I hope you can help me :)

Shouldn't the fix be changing the fields with the numbers into numbers instead of text? Because I tried to do that, but it still doesn't appear on the graph if I try to generate it.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Select the number cells and press Ctrl+H.
Enter a dot in the find box and a comma in the replace box, then press Replace All. Does that fix your chart?

Upvote 0
Solution
Select the number cells and press Ctrl+H.
Enter a dot in the find box and a comma in the replace box, then press Replace All. Does that fix your chart?

If I press Ctrl+H nothing happens, and it runs no command whatsoever

Upvote 0
Ctrl+H should have called up the Find & Replace box. Are you saying it didn't do that ?
What about Ctrl+F, does is call up the Find box ? If it does then click on the Replace Tab and try Rory's replace suggestion.

Upvote 0
It was not calling up neither of them. Although I clicked on the command manually, applied Rory's suggestion and IT WORKED!! Not sure what you guys made me do and what I fixed, but the graph appears correctly now!! Thanks a lot to both of you!! 🤩

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back