Data outside graph area

andybt2

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to work out a way of showing a user an error when a data point is outside the area of a graph. I currently have an XY scatter graph to draw the "big picture" and the point is plottd within the boundaries. I need to find a way of showing an error if the point is plotted outwith the graph bouondry.

The project is to determine the Centre of gravity of an aircraft so the point being plotted can change significantly by loading passnegers in different seats, or different amounts of fuel. I need to be able to tell the crew when this limit has been exceeded.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Andy

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Can you give a real-life example with a bit more explaination? Do you have any code already written for your workbook? You can use excel jeanie to display sample input data and data processing portions of your worksheets. http://www.excel-jeanie-html.de

Upvote 0
I have no code written as I'm not sure what is the best way to go about it :)

As an example the aircraft in question has an "envelope" based on weight and an arm from a defined datum. Into this envelope we plot the actual weight and arm at take off. The two calculations for these numbers are worked out on a normal spreadsheet.

The "Envelope" is drawn in excel using an XY scatter graph and weight/ arm information from the manufacturer.

I obviously know the limits for the arm at the weights given by the manufsacturer but when we fly at weights around those known weights I am trying to work out how to define my limits at these other weights. I hoipe that makes sense!!

I will try to attach a picture of the graph on this forum.

Andy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back