Data validation input addition

TOM2RN

Board Regular
I have created a form on my Excel 2016 using data validation. There are multiple entries in the drop down box one can select from. I know there is a limitation of how many characters (256 I think) can be used for the data validation list. I know that I can create a separate worksheet with my entries listed and it bypasses the 256 character limit. So, my list has 20 entries which is fine, but I want to add more to the list and this is where the problem occurs. I can't seem to find a way for the additional entries to show in the drop down box. It always reverts to the original number or entries. I did create the additional worksheet entitle Device list and in the data validation section I placed List and just below =devicelist. Works great until I want to add more entries. Am I missing something to fix this or do I need to go back and delete the Device list sheet and re-create it all over again?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back