date() and now() function not working

Jbliss503

I am having a peculiar issue right now. I have a database that is used by multiple people. Everything has been working fine until, all of a sudden, access isn't recognizing the date() and now() functions, which is causing all manners of errors. I could understand if the error was specific to one, or even a few machines; however, this is a network-wide issue all of a sudden. Anyone out there have any ideas what could be causing this? I have checked all of the references in access and none are missing. I am currently trying to repair my installation of access (2007) and am running windows XP (as are all of the other users).

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Is this a split database with backend (tables only) on the file server and then a frontend with a copy on each user's machine? If not, it should be.

But if it is a single file or single frontend on the server (which isn't good when using multiple users), you probably need to run a DECOMPILE on the database file.

See here for more about that:
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/decompile.htm

(and make sure to make a copy of the file BEFORE you decompile in case something bad happens)

Upvote 0
It is a single replicated access 2000 database... I know... replication... blah!!! At any rate, compacting or decompiling will remove the "make table replicable" property from all tables. I am not sure what happened to this database, but I fixed the problem by restoring a previous version of it.

Thanks for the help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back