Date Format Error in Pivot Table

srmorgan

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
i have a very strange problem with a pivot tablr. i work for a hospital and i was creating a pivot table that took the account #. last name, admission date and discharge date.
i have created pivot tables using a similar source with the same fields in prior months with no trouble, however this morning, i can not get the right date format on the pivot table.
i am selectng the admission date, say 11/30/22, and i am getting a field with the year and another field generated with the month but it will not print the date.
I have tried to re-format the field without success.

I don't know what is causing this and I can't figure out how to correct it?
Any help is appreciated.

Steve

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
A complete statement would help. You say "... that took the account #. last name, ..." but don't say what's done with it. Is it concatenated? With a delimiter? What's the PT Data Source?
An example posted using XL2BB would be helpful. It doesn't have to be actual data, just a few rows with example data.
I will note that depending on where the data is coming from, it might be helpful to pull it into the Data Model. There you can format the PT data as you like, and then it doesn't have to be formatted in the PT - it will be automatically be formatted the way it's defined in the Power Pivot Data Model. Also, by using the DM, you may discover why you're having the problem in the first place. I've typically used the DM from Power Query, and when I go to set the format in the DM, I'll get an error explaining that it has to be defined in the Query and discovering that I've either not defined it or identified it incorrectly.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back