Date format is set to 02-Dec-21 but it keeps switching to 12/10/21..Pls help

APML

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Hi All, I've got a worksheet where some cells keep switching the date format around..There are other cells within the same sheet (they are formatted the same) but they are not having this issue, would appreciate any help.
I've tried saving the sheet a reloading (also rebooted the laptop) but it hasn't fixed the issue.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Hi All, I've got a worksheet where some cells keep switching the date format around..There are other cells within the same sheet (they are formatted the same) but they are not having this issue, would appreciate any help.
I've tried saving the sheet a reloading (also rebooted the laptop) but it hasn't fixed the issue.
Try changing date format through windows zone setting and select the date format . open workbook and reopen to re-check

Upvote 0
Hey thx for your help. I've found the answer. I reduced the following code which turns some lower case cells to upper case, I've been adding cells to this code as I've been adding to the sheet..
somehow this has affected the date format... I've now reduced the code and the problem is now gone: however, my new problem is how do I add more ranges.. I'm very simple when it comes to VBA..
Can you advise how to add another line so i can add more ranges to be converted to uppercase?

If Not (Application.Intersect(Target, Range("$O$2:$O$3,$C$11:$C$12,$C$35:$C$36,$C$59:$C$60,$C$83:$C$84,$C$107:$C$108,$C$131:$C$132,$C$155:$C$156,$C$179:$C$180")) _
Is Nothing) Then
With Target
If Not .HasFormula Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
.Value = UCase(.Value)
Application.EnableEvents = True

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivek chauhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back