Date in continuous form

pwalt08

Hello,

I have a table, and form that are going to be used as a call log. The form will be continuous for a month and then we will run a query to delete old calls.

The table has a hidden field for date. I would like this field auto populated which I am able to do. The problem I am running into is 3rd shift 11p -7a. I would the like the field to auto populate with the previous date until 7am then start to use the new date.

This is my first database and I am learning as I go. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
So that did exactly what I wanted it to. But now I am running into the issue of sorting. I need to be able to run a report of the calls and sort the calls properly.

A call that is logged at 4am on 2/7/12 needs to be after a call that is logged at 11pm on 2/6/12. I thought of a few possible solutions but I am unsure how to go about them.

Solution 1- I could somehow set up a shifts, so that given the system time access knows that 6am is 3rd shift from the previous day and calls are sorted appropriately.

Solution 2- Would it be possible to tell access what time to use as "midnight" ?

Upvote 0
Add a timestamp field to your table. Start a new column in the query you are using to append data to your table. Then use the "time()" function. It will list the date and time of when a record is added to the database.

Upvote 0
Add a timestamp field to your table. Start a new column in the query you are using to append data to your table. Then use the "time()" function. It will list the date and time of when a record is added to the database.

That was my original plan, but if I want to go back and query all calls from 2/4/12 I want it to pull all the calls from 7am on 2/4/12 through 7am on 2/5/12

Upvote 0
I really appreciate your help, but I am a little lost now. Dealing with dates/times was so much easier in excel. haha

There is already a "timerequested" field that is set to default value of time(), I added a hidden column for "todays date". In my query now, I have it set to ask the user [What date?]

I only planned on using the query to sort and filter the table based on the date provided but the user.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back