Date Last Modified (in cell)

Jarmadon

I want to know if there is a way to have a cell beside a series of cells that will change its date (and time) when any of the cells in the series is changed.

On a single row, I have four materials that total to a fifth cell. The 6th cell in that row, I would like to have a "date last modified" that would change if any of the first five cell's value is changed.

Is this possible?

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
I am trying to do the same. I want cell J2 to update the date whenever a change is made anywhere in the entire spreadsheet. Columns used are A through J and rows 1 through 100.

Upvote 0
Hi
I have used similar code successfully, but want to know if it is possible to have two columns showing a date on the same spreadsheet. the cells modified are in a different range to the cells of the first 'date modified' column. :)

Upvote 0
mieliepap: Hi and welcome to the board!!!
Can you start a new thread on your question and give more detail as to what you require??? Just an example of what you want to happen!!
lenze

Upvote 0
This one's still paying off, I was looking for the same solution and it worked like a charm. Thanks Lenze.

Upvote 0
mieliepap: Hi and welcome to the board!!!
Can you start a new thread on your question and give more detail as to what you require??? Just an example of what you want to happen!!
lenze

Quick question. How can I make every tab in my spreadsheet use this code?

Upvote 0
Hi Lenze,

I am having bit trouble executing this code. Can you please guide how to add this code in to the execel?

Upvote 0
Hi, Is it possible to get this coding with another set of columns and rows? I'm looking for the same actions (including adding a note to each changed cell monitoring the time/date changed and by whom. Many thanks!

OK, lets assume you may want to add or delete a Column in the future. With a little prep work, we can allow for that. Given your example, select Cell K1. Choose Insert>Name>Define. For name, enter myCol. Click OK. Now insert this code in the WorkSheet module. RightClick the sheet tab and choose "View Code"
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Row < 6 Then Exit Sub
Dim myCol As Integer
myCol = Range("myCol").Column
If Target.Column > myCol Or Target.Column < 4 Then Exit Sub
Cells(Target.Row, myCol + 2) = Now
End Sub

Should work and allow you to insert/delete columns

lenze

Upvote 0
Hi, i also have same question here.

Is it possible to get this coding with another set of columns and rows in the same worksheet?

I want to monitor 2 columns, their last date modified.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!
Hi, i also have same question here.

Is it possible to get this coding with another set of columns and rows in the same worksheet?

I want to monitor 2 columns, their last date modified.
Yes, it is possible.
If you are not comfortable modifying the code in this post to do that yourself, please provide the details (which columns are you monitoring, and which columns will be holding the Modified Dates).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back