Date macro or formula

Fraserj

Board Regular
I have no experience of excel formulas but want to create one for work with information moving to a 2nd sheet if its been on for over two weeks, so that we still have information surrounding it.

Can anybody please help me with this?

InformationDate
Bla bla bla03.03.2023

Last edited by a moderator:
filtering does not delete formulas, I'm unsure of what you mean.
But, let me try to think .... are you saying when you cut and paste the "FALSE" records to another worksheet there are no more records on the original worksheet?
If that is the case all the records were equal to FALSE and it makes sense you would take all the formulas away to the other worksheet.

Regarding "Is there a way of if there is no date, this will stay blank." you can wrap the formula in another IF statement.
Excel Formula:
=IF(A2 = "", IF(A2+14>B$1,"Late","Not Late"))

^^ This formula works if the cell is completely empty or if there is a formula that calculates to a "".
It shows up as not late when no date is added with that formula. And no matter what date I put in its not marking as true or late....

It's not late if no date is there.... its false if there is a date.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
filtering does not delete formulas, I'm unsure of what you mean.
But, let me try to think .... are you saying when you cut and paste the "FALSE" records to another worksheet there are no more records on the original worksheet?
If that is the case all the records were equal to FALSE and it makes sense you would take all the formulas away to the other worksheet.

Regarding "Is there a way of if there is no date, this will stay blank." you can wrap the formula in another IF statement.
Excel Formula:
=IF(A2 = "", IF(A2+14>B$1,"Late","Not Late"))

^^ This formula works if the cell is completely empty or if there is a formula that calculates to a "".
What I can see
20/03/2023
06/03/2023FALSE
Not Late

What I'd want it to be

20/03/2023 =TODAY()DATE ADDEDKEEP/REMOVE
03/03/2023REMOVE
09/03/2023Keep
(No date)(blank until date is added z change to keep or remove dependent on if within 2 weeks)

Upvote 0
are the words "(No date)" actually in the cell? If they are then the cell is not blank or not equal to "".
Try this formula then:
=IF(IsNumber(A2)=False,"",IF(A2+14>$B1,"Late","Not Late"))
(this is close to the formula I posted above).
If this doesn't work then please tell specifically what is in the cells with no date. And what is the forumula you have been using.

Upvote 0
Solution
Additionally,are you inputting the dates as text? Please fix that. I ask because the dates are left aligned above. If it is just your alignment, okay, but it usually indicates a cell is text instead of date or numeric.

Upvote 0
are the words "(No date)" actually in the cell? If they are then the cell is not blank or not equal to "".
Try this formula then:
=IF(IsNumber(A2)=False,"",IF(A2+14>$B1,"Late","Not Late"))
(this is close to the formula I posted above).
If this doesn't work then please tell specifically what is in the cells with no date. And what is the forumula you have been using.
Sorry no where I put no date it is blank.

That works great now!

Thank you for being so patient!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
panjongshing

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back