Date picker across different Office versions

picklefactory

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi folks
I know this is a recurring subject, but my searches have not provided me an answer to my particular issue. I'd like to put a date picker in a userform, nothing new there, but my issue is that I need this wb to be available on 4 different pc's, unfortunately though, 2 of them are on Office 365 and the other 2 are on Office 2010. Does anyone know a way I can work a date picker that would work on all 4 machines please? Or am I being daft and that wouldn't be an issue?
Thanks

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Hi folks
I know this is a recurring subject, but my searches have not provided me an answer to my particular issue. I'd like to put a date picker in a userform, nothing new there, but my issue is that I need this wb to be available on 4 different pc's, unfortunately though, 2 of them are on Office 365 and the other 2 are on Office 2010. Does anyone know a way I can work a date picker that would work on all 4 machines please? Or am I being daft and that wouldn't be an issue?
Thanks
Are you able to develop your own data picker userform?

You can then design it to look and function as you wish.

Most date pickers take too long to get to the right month.

Upvote 0
Are you able to develop your own data picker userform?

You can then design it to look and function as you wish.

Most date pickers take too long to get to the right month.
I've never tried. VBA is something I use occasionally, so I'm a rank amateur with it. I can manage relatively simple stuff unaided, but if we're talking anything remotely complex here, I'd struggle. Is it difficult to do?

Upvote 0
I've never tried. VBA is something I use occasionally, so I'm a rank amateur with it. I can manage relatively simple stuff unaided, but if we're talking anything remotely complex here, I'd struggle. Is it difficult to do?
It will be tricky for you as it can get quite complicated.

What are you wanting to do with the date when it has been picked?

Upvote 0
It will be tricky for you as it can get quite complicated.

What are you wanting to do with the date when it has been picked?
I just want to use it to populate a userform text box, well I actually want to populate 4 separate texts boxes, so I'm hoping to find a way that resembles click or tab to 1st text box, date picker opens and date is entered, click/tab to next text box and repeat etc

Upvote 0
I just want to use it to populate a userform text box, well I actually want to populate 4 separate texts boxes, so I'm hoping to find a way that resembles click or tab to 1st text box, date picker opens and date is entered, click/tab to next text box and repeat etc
So after the first date has been selected will the user have complete freedom of choice to select the second date and so on? Validation and restrictions can be built in.

Upvote 0
So after the first date has been selected will the user have complete freedom of choice to select the second date and so on? Validation and restrictions can be built in.
Yes, it's effectively start date text box, then end date text box and due date text box. I can reduce to those 3 actually, as the 4th text box will be current date, which I can auto fill.

Upvote 0
I think I've found something online that will work. I've only tested very quickly so far, but it appears to work on the old 2010 machine, and also my own 365 machine. I'll mark as solved for now.
the solution I have found..... hopefully is here

Upvote 0
Solution
I think I've found something online that will work. I've only tested very quickly so far, but it appears to work on the old 2010 machine, and also my own 365 machine. I'll mark as solved for now.
the solution I have found..... hopefully is here
I've just developed a Date Picker to incorporate into a userform. It allows you to set the month that is first displayed and to change the year and month using the horizontal scroll
bars above the calendar. Would this be more useful?

Attachments

• DatePicker.JPG
    DatePicker.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 18
Upvote 0
I've just developed a Date Picker to incorporate into a userform. It allows you to set the month that is first displayed and to change the year and month using the horizontal scroll
bars above the calendar. Would this be more useful?
Thank you Herakles, I'm perfectly happy to give it a try if you don't mind?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mystic19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back