Defined Table Absolute In Formula

eileen22

Hello -

I am working with some dynamic tables. I have named the ranges and graphed them. I am naming the axis with the table name and it is working beautifully: for example:

Axis label Range=

='SheetName'!TableName

However - I need to make several versions of these and the tables need to stay the same. When I make a copy, everything stays the same except that the table name changes to row/column values:

Axis label Range=

='SheetName'! $A$6:$A$11

So I have to go in and change all the values to the table name.

How can I make the table name absolute to begin with? I tried F4 & manually entering dollar signs...

The whole point of creating the tables was so I don't have to do this manual crap... wtf. Any ideas??

(I did preview other posts and found a similar question a year ago with no responses - sorry if this is a duplicate)

THANKS!!

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Hello - After some trial and error I realized that answer is that all table names/defined names need to be re-named by sheet.

There won't be an obvious errors (except for graphs re-calculating and user being annoyed) :)

I found it easier to copy the original defined names into a separate sheet; find and replace the new sheet names, and then create the new defined names using the name manager (opposed to individually).

This seems to have resolved the error & would be the same as an absolute table/defined name as it is assigned to the exact location of the sheet/workbook.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back