Delete all rows if cell color is yellow

trap

Hi all,

I have a sheet using conditional formatting to highlight cells that I want to keep. I'd like to have a macro that will delete all rows without yellow cells. I think autofilter would be the best thing to use, but after searching the forums and trying a number of different approaches, I can't quite get it to work.

Alternatively, if there is a quick way to just delete all rows that don't meet the conditional formatting criteria, that would be great too. My formula for the conditional formatting is: =OR((($AA2>0)*($AA2<>"***")),($AU2>0))

I want to keep any cells that meet that criteria. Either by formatting first and then deleting all non-colored cells, or just deleting every cell that doesn't meet that criteria. Thanks in advance for any help!

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Hi,

If you do a little bit of research, you could find the answer yourself. Many of the new questions being asked have already been answered. I did a google search "vba delete rows on color" and found this in less time than it took to type this.

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...criteria-using-visual-basic-applications.html

All you would need to do is change the color as the condition for the row(s) you want to delete.

You can even do a search for the codes of the colors.

Upvote 0
Yes, as I mentioned I had already worked on this - actually finding the exact same thing you directed me to on Google. I had tried using that line of code earlier and changing the color to Yellow without success. So I changed my cell colors to red to see if I was just missing the color code. Still wouldn't work.

I agree with you and 90+% of the time I'm working on a VBA problem, I'm able to find answers to what I'm looking to do by searching google or these forums. Often tweaking the formulas slightly, or incorporating a couple different items. I have worked on this and tried 5 or 6 different approaches already before asking the question.

I think this is probably fairly simple, but I can't get it to work like I want. I did find a basic solution that just autofilters without deleting rows. It will work for now unless someone has a quick idea on how to delete out the rows. Here is that code for reference, in case it helps or someone else is looking for a similar solution.

Sub AutoFilterYellow()

Dim LR As Long
LR = Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
LastRow& = Range("B:C").Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
'
Rows("1:1").Select
Selection.AutoFilter
ActiveSheet.Range("$A$2:$BR" & LastRow).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=RGB(255, _
255, 0), Operator:=xlFilterCellColor
Range("A2").Select
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mytux

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back