Delimit and create a loop in VBA for a varible number in each row

MrPink1986

Hi there,
I have a data set where in column J and K I have data which is separated by ; - the data which is A-I is relatable to what is in these columns.
I would like to delimit that data in both these columns which will have the same number of data elements in each and then create a line for each element which was delimited and add the data from A-I for each data element and repeat the process for over 8k rows.

In the below example I would like the first line to only contain cat and Mon then a new line created and inserted with all information up to H with god and Tue and finally the process repeated with all information up to H with sheep and Wed. These columns will have a varying number of elements and it wont always be three.

Thaks in advance.

abcdefghcat;dog;sheepMon,Tue,Wed

Yes the last character in each cell contains a ";" - I presume it thinks it needs a new line based on this?
That was the case - the data is now as expected - I added a couple of formulas to the script to trim the data and remove this ";".
Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back