Desperate, Catastrophic Error

Aleciafxc

Board Regular
I will be specific as i can.

I know what the visual basic editor looks like with normal sheet code. Sheet1(name). It seems I have done something very wrong and can not figure it out. Now, in the visual basic editor, the Sheet Name is sheet1 with a little plain white sheet with the little excel logo this contains the code, listed as sheet1, and now the actual "data" sheet is there with what looks like the normal logo with no code. Is is like the sheet code is separated from the actual sheet. No sheet Macros works when the regular sheet is open. Some other macros work that are in the modules.

I am really in need of serious help, which brings me to another question. How can I find someone local that knows Excel Visual Basic? Do I contact Colleges, i am at a loss. The local Technical School is no help, I was the excel instructor, but not advanced macros (just good and formulas et. al.), this website is the only assistance I have had. What I have no experience in is errors and why they happen. I am in need of professional assistance which I am willing to pay for. Please Advise. Any of you Mr Excel pros in Missouri, Kansas or Oklahoma. I am Serious.

Anything will help.

Alecia

Alecia

What 'database'?

Excel is not a database it's a spreadsheet application, at least it was the last time I looked.:)

If you are trying to use it as some sort of database then there's probably a few bits of code kicking about.

They are probably being used to recreate the functionality of a 'proper' database and they could actually be the root of the problem.

If you need/want a database it might be an idea to use one.:)

It would probably save a lot of time/grief/money/hair/chipmunks.

For a start you probably wouldn't need code to replicate the inbuilt functionality that comes with most database applications.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Very unusual problem. Have you attempted to repair the workbook?

1) Make a copy of the workbook (i.e. just copy and paste the file via Windows Explorer)
2) Make sure Excel is closed, and then open Excel (not by clicking on any file, but via the start menu)
3) Navigate to the folder where you have the copied version of the file but dont click Open just yet.
4) You will see there is a tiny drop down arrow on the Open button. Click this.
5) Choose the Open and Repair option

Excel will attempt to repair the workbook. Let us know what happened. I suggested making a copy in case repair caused further corruption.

regards,
Graham

Upvote 0
Run-time error '429'
Active X component can't create object.

The actual visible sheets are there. With all of the data. So at least we have not lost the data.

I did delete 2 sheets with active X components. Is this why? I can go back to a saved copy of 3 or 4 days ago and and delete the active X components first then delete the sheets. Or is it something else?? What would be your advice??

Upvote 0
Alecia

You are making this quite difficult, that's the first time you mentioned an error message such as that.

When you get the message do you get an option to Debug?

If you do is any line of code highlighted?

Upvote 0
Norie,

Sorry for using the term "Database". I know excel is a spreadsheet program and have used it for many years and am quite good at it. I use the term "Database" because that is what my staff understand and just got used to calling that.

Upvote 0
Norie,

My run-time error response was for Colin who asked me to run a code and respond on this thread.

Upvote 0
Parry,

Says my workbook is corrupt. But i do not know why? Is there any way to see why it is corrupted or how it got that way??

Upvote 0
Alecia

Who/what says the workbook is corrupt?

It's almost impossible to tell you why it may have become corrupt without more information.:)

You've not posted any code or any explanation of what the workbook is doing or how you are using it.

And I've lost that handy crystal ball I used to have.:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandan4057

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back