Destination workbook does not auto update when i change the source workbook.

L

Legacy 358300

Hello Mr. Excel,

i have an urgent problem for you to help.
first, i created a main source workbook, and then i linked it with more than 10 destination files.
when i use excel 2010, my destination file will auto update when i change on the main source file although i dont open the file.
However, when i use excel 2013, the file wont update until i open the destination file.
could you please help me on this?

Regards,

Muyleng

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
In File|Options|Advanced>When calculating this workbook, have you checked the 'Update links to other workbooks' option? This should be checked.
In File|Options|Advanced>General, have you checked the 'Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)' option or the 'Ask to update automatic links' option? These should not be checked.

Upvote 0
thanks Paul Edstein for ur answer. i already follow ur solution, but the reference link still DOES NOT update. any more solution?

Upvote 0
Go to File|Info>Edit Links to Files and check that the links are all set to 'Automatic' Update.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Instead of not saying what you've tried until after a suggestion has been posted, how about not wasting our time and tell us instead what you have tried.

Also, have you confirmed that the link paths are exactly the same for Office 2010 and Office 2013?

Upvote 0
Instead of not saying what you've tried until after a suggestion has been posted, how about not wasting our time and tell us instead what you have tried.

Also, have you confirmed that the link paths are exactly the same for Office 2010 and Office 2013?

i have tried all what u have mentioned but it still doesnt work. How can i check the link paths to confirm if it the same for office 2010 and office 2013?

Upvote 0
Via File|Info>Edit Links to Files. Or you could simply check the formulae doing the external referencing.

Upvote 0
Via File|Info>Edit Links to Files. Or you could simply check the formulae doing the external referencing.

could you please advice me on how to check the formulae doing the external referencing?

Regards.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
al mugheen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back