Disable MsgBox permanently after "OK"

cizzett

Board Regular
OK excel guru's, I have a MsgBox that runs when I open the workbook template telling the user to paste previous days data in the prev day worksheet before proceeding.

What I want is to permanently disable this MsgBox after selecting OK so once the user has saved the file under the new name it no longer pop's up this message.

In other words, I only want the message to run when the template is used to create a new workbook and after the user clicks OK it no longer shows the MsgBox.

Any Idea's?

Here's the MsgBox I'm using

Code:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()

MsgBox "Please paste previous days data into the Prev Day sheet before proceeding", vbOKOnly + vbExclamation, "Before Proceeding"

End Sub

Correct, they must save it as a new file which is why I don't worry about clearing it. But once they create the new file to be stored for that day it wont continue to pop up the box when they re-open.

The template is used to create a new file daily, personally id keep a running file but this is what is wanted, a new file for each day.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
this is a template, as in .xltm, so when they open it it automatically changes to a workbook which they have to save as a new name and the way they use it is they use a new workbook daily saved as that days date for future reference. Personally I would keep a singular running file but not my call.

Upvote 0
I got it. Make sense now.
Glad it all works out for you!
:cool:

Upvote 0
You are welcome.
Sorry for the confusion, I don't work much with templates.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grantrob

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back