distribute data PQ for the same sheet instead of add many sheets for multiple pages

Hasson

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi guys

why when use PQ will split data for multiple sheets when contain multiple pages for the sheet ?
and why when I use PQ will add new sheet . why doesn't implement for the same sheet instead of add new sheet?
is there any choice to show whole data in the same sheet when used PQ?
thanks

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Yes, there is.

Instead of closing the Power Query editor that will load data into a new sheet as default, click the Close & Load drop-down and select the Close & Load To... command button (second button at the bottom) to select a cell in the same worksheet to load data.

1677352481178.png

You can also:
a- Move the tables already created in separate worksheets by selecting the table, keeping the Alt key pressed, and dragging the table on the worksheet tab name that you'd like to move the table.
b- Or, even simpler; select the entire table, Ctrl + X (or right-click and Cut), go to the worksheet you want to move the content, click on the cell that to define the top-left cell of the table, and Ctrl + V (or right click on that cell and Paste).

Beyond these, to change the default data load option, select the Data ribbon tab, click on the Get Data command button and click Query Options at the bottom of the command list that will open the query options window.

1677353978227.png

Select the Data Load menu item on the left pane, click on the Specify custom default load settings radio button, and select the Load to worksheet option that will ask you for the data load location every time you close the Power Query editor.

Upvote 0
thanks for multiple options, unfortunately I can't deal with any option
first option will create PT instead of PQ
second option I keep pressing Alt key and try to drag in the sheet , but doesn't happen anything .
third option how can I paste after cut when the PQ editor is still open . it can't paste into sheets
last option as the picture I did it, doesn't show any message.
sorry this is the first time use PQ , I no know what's my bad !

Upvote 0
All options I posted have been tested already. So, probably I didn't explain very well. Let me try again, please.

first option will create PT instead of PQ
You need the Power Query editor to be open, and find the Close & Load button in the Home tab of the Power Query editor ribbon. There is nothing related to a Pivot Table.

second option I keep pressing Alt key and try to drag in the sheet , but doesn't happen anything .
This could be a little bit tricky using the mouse while dragging the selection. One important point: The Power Query editor must be closed (so you can select the table range on the worksheet) You won't drag the sheet. You will drag the entire table that you selected and drag it over the worksheet tab name at the bottom where you'd like to move the table. Once you do that, it will take a second or two that Excel will activate that worksheet, so please wait on the tab name until the other worksheet is activated, then you'll be able to put on a cell that you'd like to place the table.

third option how can I paste after cut when the PQ editor is still open . it can't paste into sheets
Again - the Power Query editor must be closed. You select the table range on the worksheet, cut, and activate the other sheet and select a cell that you want to place the table, and paste.

last option as the picture I did it, doesn't show any message.
I just realized that I didn't mention that you should quit Excel and relaunch it to get this new setting active.

Upvote 0
no no !
as to first option is clear . after Close & Load To will show another window contains four options
*chart
* chart pivot table
* chart pivot
*just communication
setting assumption is selected for the first and there is another selected new worksheet option . if I select second option will enable existed sheet option

The Power Query editor must be closed (so you can select the table range on the worksheet) You won't drag the sheet.
but if I close PQ editor will load data automatically in new sheet, but what I meant directly load data for active sheet .what I understood for your initial post as in picture in left should select TABLE1(3) and keep pressing ALT key and drag over active sheet with keep PQ is open .in reality this option I'm not sure how works, sorry !

Upvote 0
Oh! Those Table1,2,3 names in the first screenshot have absolutely nothing to do with the tables I explained later. Those are the query names in the Power Query editor that I was trying to take the screenshot of the Close and Load To... button.

Let me try again. Forget everything please and try the following.

To be able to load the new query tables other than new worksheets:
When you are closing the Power Query editor, instead of closing the editor right away, use the Close & Load button but click the little triangle instead of the disk button on the button, so you can select the "Close and Load To..." button. While the "Close and Load" default button loads the query table into a new worksheet, the "Close and Load To..." button lets you select the worksheet.

1677420021401.png

After clicking this button, you'll get the following Import Data dialog. You should select Table and Existing worksheet options to be able to select the worksheet and the cell that you'd like to load the data. Please note that when you select Existing worksheet options, you can now activate the worksheet that you want by clicking on the sheet tab names.
1677420282822.png

However, if you already have existing query tables in new worksheets that you'd like to move to another sheet, in this case, you won't be able to move the existing query table to another sheet by using this dialog. In this case, select the entire query table range on the sheet (the PQ editor is closed!), cut it, go to the target worksheet, and paste it (dragging the range also does the same thing but it might be difficult to drag the selection, so just use the cut & paste method). Alternatively, you can delete the worksheet that has this query table, and in this case, the query will be "Connection Only". Now you can either open the query in the PQ and do the same Close and Load To... action explained in the previous paragraph OR you can also do the same thing without opening the PQ editor in the Queries and Connections page by right-clicking on the query name:

1677421390314.png

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
ok the language is not English , but I can translate for you .
based on the picture existing worksheet is disabled and just new worksheet is enabled:confused:
I no know why !!!
1.PNG

Upvote 0
based on post#6 works and sometimes doesn't work as post #7 despite of I use the same steps.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Interesting. They should either be disabled together (new and existing radio buttons if you are trying to use the Load To command for a query table that is already loaded to a worksheet) or enabled together.

Did you try deleting all query table worksheets and loading the query tables by using the Load To option in the Queries and Connections pane?

Sorry, this is something that I don't know. Not sure if it is related to the Excel version. Hopefully, someone else can help.

Upvote 0
Even though I have loading as a Connection Only, I find that if I load a query as a New Worksheet, all subsequent Queries created during the same Excel session load as New Worksheets if I simply click the large Close and Load button. That said I never noticed that
Deleting the Worksheet will revert the Query to a Connection Only.

Upvote 1
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgro123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back