Downloading Analysis ToolPak

Fujirich

Does anyone know if it's possible (how & where?) to add the Analysis ToolPak to installed versions of Excel which don't already have this available in their library?

I use some of the functions of the toolpak occassionally, and find some of my users unable to install this - probably due to some limited, corporate version of Excel that did include this in the original install.

I've looked around on the MS website and can't find a way to download this feature. Does anyone know how to add this?

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
The Analysis Toolpak is an Excel add-in (add-in: A supplemental program that adds custom commands or custom features to Microsoft Office.) program that is available when you install Microsoft Office or Excel. To use it in Excel, however, you need to load it first.

On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
In the Add-Ins available box, select the check box next to Analysis Toolpak, and then click OK.
Tip If Analysis Toolpak is not listed, click Browse to locate it.

If you see a message that tells you the Analysis Toolpak is not currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.
Click Tools on the menu bar. When you load the Analysis Toolpak, the Data Analysis command is added to the Tools menu.
Note To include Visual Basis for Application (VBA) functions for the Analysis Toolpak, you can load the Analysis Toolpak - VBA Add-in the same way you load the Analysis Toolpak. In the Add-ins available box, select the check box next to Analysis Toolpak - VBA.

Upvote 0
Thanks Joe - in all the instances I've encountered, the Analysis ToolPak choice was not available as a choice in the installation window. So even though it was not installed in the application, it also seemed unavailable to be installed.

I've used VBA coding to install it upon opening of some of the files I've created. For users encountereing the problem I've mentioned, this does not find and install the file - it seems to be unavailable. Would browsing for the add-in in the "Add-In Install" window find it when the code has failed?

I suspect there are trimmed-down versions of Excel where this add-in is simply not part of the normal installation. When users don't have the original installation disk to go back to, how can someone still get and install this?

Upvote 0
You can try going to Windows Add and Delete Software, MS Office Products and select additional items to install or make available.

MS indicates the Analysis ToolPak is shiped with all Excel and Office packages!
That is why it is not offered on their download site.

Upvote 0
The ToolPak is somewhat hidden!

For one thing the File Name: is not an Addin its a Excel system file: Analys32.xll

It is located on the Office Package Folder not the default Addin Folder:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Library\Analysis\Analys32.xll

Upvote 0
Joe - again; thank you so much for the input. I'll see what I can do with this info for those who need the help.

Upvote 0
The Analysis toolpak ships with Office, as Joe mentioned. It is not available as a separate download.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miahr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back