Drop down boxes with conditions and IF formulas

MonkeyFace28

Board Regular
Hi all,

I really didn't know what to put the title of this as because they are soo many things to do in this spreadsheet I don't really know where to start!

I have a workbook that has 3 different drop down boxes and all 3 have different results!

first question is: I have a Country drop down, which brings in a total, depending on the country selected see formula below
=IF(Calculator!$C$6="UK/Europe",'Solution Set - All'!$I$28,IF(Calculator!$C$6="CHINA",'Solution Set - All'!$L$28,IF(Calculator!$C$6="HONG KONG",'Solution Set - All'!$O$28,IF(Calculator!$C$6="JAPAN",'Solution Set - All'!$R$28,IF(Calculator!$C$6="KOREA",'Solution Set - All'!$S$28,IF(Calculator!$C$6="MACAU",'Solution Set - All'!$T$28,IF(Calculator!$C$6="RUSSIA",'Solution Set - All'!$U$28,IF(Calculator!$C$6="INDIA",'Solution Set - All'!$V$28,IF(Calculator!$C$6="USA",'Solution Set - All'!$W$28," ")))))))))
The only thing on this I need help with, is changing the currency when the country is selected?

Next:
if the client selects "YES" in the next drop down box, I need it to pull information in from a certain section BUT when the person adds quantities it needs to select different components... here is the brief from guy, hope it makes sense:
* if yes, then the Calculator needs identify that a DM matrix will be required
- subject to the qty of screens it will automatically select the size of chassis and the type/qty of DM cards etc
Flagship switching:
- if 'Flagship' is selected, then the Calculator needs to auto factor in the DM element (solution set starting line 482 on next tab)
- base line position is that everything already with a qty remains unchanges throughout
- the variable on top of this are:
- with every screen selected (excluding WayFinding), the Calculator needs to auto add x1 DMC-HD and x1 DM-RMC-100-S
- when between x1 and x4 screens selected (excluding Way Finding), the Calculator needs to auto add x1 DMCO-44
- then if a 5th - 8th screen is added (excluding Way Finding), the Calculatir needs to auto selected a further x1 DMCO-44 (and continues adding, as additional screens area added)
- if the total qty of screens selected (excluding Way Finding) is:
- 0-7, the Calculator needs to auto select DM8X8
- 8-15, the Calculator needs to auto select DM16X16
- 16-31, the Calculator needs to auto select DM32X32
- 32-63, the Calculator needs to auto select DM64X64

<colgroup><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

there are quite a few different variables in this and I'm not even sure if it can be done!?

please someone help! :)

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back