drop down items list - _why_ won't my mouse wheel scroll it?

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Answering my own question here... .
According to techcommunity.microsoft.com,
you need to position your cursor over the scroll bar, instead of over the list of values.

Doing so, I find the scroll function is further reduced according to normal behavior, by only allowing scroll to function in the direction of your interest, if your cursor is in the lighter area, above or below the indicator bar.

This behavior largely negates the effectiveness of using a mouse wheel, but its what we have to work with.

Of course you don't have a scroll bar in the drop down list at all, if your list is not long enough to warrant one. Lucky you! The max list size is 8 items without seeing a scroll bar.

The third message in the referenced article shows precisely what was discussed above, in a gif file. Very effective. Please see, How to use mouse wheel in drop down lists.

Upvote 0
which type of dropdown is that ? Did they add mousewheel scrolling capability to dropdowns in office 365 ?

Upvote 0
Hi
Excel 365 Beta

Thanks ISY,
I was not aware of that new autocomplete functionnality. The mousewheel scroll functionnality is not added though.
Here, in excel 2016 neither functionnality is available.

Upvote 0
Hi
The mousewheel scroll functionnality is not added though
Excel 365 Beta
I confirm, scrolling with the mouse has been added as well as the possibility of Dx Sx alignment..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subhash Chand

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back