jdub21

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
When I run my macro based on conditional formatting, it just adds to the bottom when i need it to post in A8. (I highlighted the cells in yellow to show the duplication)

New Vendors by State.xlsm
C
Onboarded

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
New Vendors by State.xlsm
ABCDEFGHIJKL
9SourceSource CityCompanyDateNamePhoneCall ResultTrailerPricingInsurance?NotesSourcer
10CraigslistBirminghamCheap Junk Removal Services(205) 737-6217Onboarding - Textline7yd, 10yd, 15yd, 17yd325/200N7=250, 10=325, 15=400, 17=450 per craigslist adJosh
11CraigslistBirminghamOne Man and a Pickup(404) 939-2605Onboarding - Textline12x6x6 box truckQuoted 300/175SENDINGRegional - Birmingham to Jackson MS to Memphis TNJosh
12GoogleHuntsvilleJunkTruk Junk Removal(256) 740-7263Josh 15 CUY 450/200SENDINGJosh
13CraigslistMobileJunk Boss(251) 289-1334Onboarding - Email15CUY425/225YNo food, no hazmat, no TVsJosh
14CraigslistMobileEastern Shore Junk Removal(251) 348-1508Trent8CUY350/200SENDINGtrent5422@gmail - Sent followup email for insurances on 9/8/22Josh
15YelpMontgomeryCurbside Appeal(205) 420-2435LVM - David Baxter 16ft box truck300/175YOffers daily pickups for apartments and senior living. May do junk?Josh
16YelpMontgomeryPorter's Property Preservation(757) 386-7599Onboarding - Email8 x 12350/175YMontgomery onlyJosh
17CraigslistBirminghamCheap Junk Removal Services(205) 737-6217Onboarding - Textline7yd, 10yd, 15yd, 17yd325/200N7=250, 10=325, 15=400, 17=450 per craigslist adJosh
18CraigslistBirminghamOne Man and a Pickup(404) 939-2605Onboarding - Textline12x6x6 box truckQuoted 300/175SENDINGRegional - Birmingham to Jackson MS to Memphis TNJosh
19GoogleHuntsvilleJunkTruk Junk Removal(256) 740-7263Josh 15 CUY 450/200SENDINGJosh
20CraigslistMobileJunk Boss(251) 289-1334Onboarding - Email15CUY425/225YNo food, no hazmat, no TVsJosh
21CraigslistMobileEastern Shore Junk Removal(251) 348-1508Trent8CUY350/200SENDINGtrent5422@gmail - Sent followup email for insurances on 9/8/22Josh
22YelpMontgomeryCurbside Appeal(205) 420-2435LVM - David Baxter 16ft box truck300/175YOffers daily pickups for apartments and senior living. May do junk?Josh
23YelpMontgomeryPorter's Property Preservation(757) 386-7599Onboarding - Email8 x 12350/175YMontgomery onlyJosh
Onboarded
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
F23Cell ValueduplicatestextNO
F22Cell ValueduplicatestextNO
F21Cell ValueduplicatestextNO
F20Cell ValueduplicatestextNO
F19Cell ValueduplicatestextNO
F18Cell ValueduplicatestextNO
F17Cell ValueduplicatestextNO
F16Cell ValueduplicatestextNO
F15Cell ValueduplicatestextNO
F14Cell ValueduplicatestextNO
F13Cell ValueduplicatestextNO
F12Cell ValueduplicatestextNO
F11Cell ValueduplicatestextNO
F10Cell ValueduplicatestextNO

Upvote 0
Sorry about that. I am a little new to using the XL2BB feature to screen capture

Upvote 0
Bump - Can someone please help me on this issue?

Upvote 0
When I run my macro based on conditional formatting, it just adds to the bottom when i need it to post in A8. (I highlighted the cells in yellow to show the duplication)
I am not sure I understand exactly what the issue is or what you are trying to do.
If there is a problem involving VBA code, it would be a good idea to post that code!

I recommend posting your VBA code, then walk us through an actual example based on the sample data you posted, explaining exactly what you want to happen in that case.

Upvote 0
Sorry about that. I thought the XL2BB showed the code. My apologies as I am new to MrExcel..... Getting ready to sign up for the Virtual Conference. Here is the code and the challenge is that it is just adding to the bottom row or essentially duplicating entries versus overwriting or just posting new entries from the multiple sheets.

Sub CopyOnboarded()

Dim TransIDField As Range
Dim TransIDCell As Range
Dim ATransWS As Worksheet
Dim HTransWS As Worksheet

Set ATransWS = Worksheets("AL")
Set TransIDField = ATransWS.Range("A2", ATransWS.Range("A2").End(xlDown))
Set HTransWS = Worksheets("Onboarded")

For Each TransIDCell In TransIDField

If TransIDCell.Interior.Color = RGB(198, 239, 206) Then

'TransIDCell.Resize(1, 12).Copy Destination:= _
'HTransWS.Range("A1").Offset(HTransWS.Rows.Count - 1, 0).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)

End If

Next TransIDCell

HTransWS.Columns.AutoFit

Set ATransWS = Worksheets("CA")
Set TransIDField = ATransWS.Range("A2", ATransWS.Range("A2").End(xlDown))
Set HTransWS = Worksheets("Onboarded")

For Each TransIDCell In TransIDField

If TransIDCell.Interior.Color = RGB(198, 239, 206) Then

TransIDCell.Resize(1, 12).Copy Destination:= _
HTransWS.Range("A1").Offset(HTransWS.Rows.Count - 1, 0).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
End If

Next TransIDCell

HTransWS.Columns.AutoFit

Upvote 0
You have already been warned about duplicating your threads, please do not do it again.

Upvote 0
Fluff - I understand - I was trying to close the other thread - I am new to this so my apologies. I am just trying to find a solution to my issue. Wont happen again.

Upvote 0
What you are describing sounds like a relational database to me (lots of interrelated data sheets that you are trying to summarize).
To be frank, I find trying to do this in Excel quite cumbersome, especially if you are new to Excel and/or VBA.
There are better tools already designed to handle stuff like this (like relational database programs like Microsoft Access or SQL). I usually go the Access route (though I am very comfortable with Access).

If you really want to try to do this in Excel, here are some options you may want to consider:
1. Using Filters, especially Advanced Filters which allow you to Filter data to new locations (sheets).
See: How to copy data to another worksheet with Advanced Filter in Excel?
2. Using Power Query, which is an add-on to Excel, which allows you to more easily complete relational database-type tasks in Excel.
There is a a "Power Tools" forum here on this board for those questions, and here is a Sticky with details on Power Query: Here are 30 reasons why you should be considering Power BI
3. Use Pivot Tables in Excel. There are lots of tutorials and example of this that can be found with a Google search.

Upvote 0
Joe - Thanks for the insight. I have been buried in macro code for the past few years and this one has me stumped. I have dissected other .xlsm files that I have worked with and do the same thing but have found that they are written to replace the file and not just the cell in that worksheet which seemed odd.

Basically I have a workbook that will have 50 tabs (one for each state) and on these sheets, I will have conditional formatting based on their stage in the onboarding process. I want to be able to pull all of the "Green" into one summary tab when I click on the "refresh" button...... but instead of it going to the bottom or next available row, I want it to start in a specific cell "A8"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chestertim

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back