Dynamic payroll system which calculate total hoursof regular, night shift, overtime and overtime night shift.

papaje

Hello Masters,
Can somebody advice me how to do this payroll system which will look like this

NameDateTime InTime OutRegularNight ShiftRegular OvertimeNight shift Overtime
j doe04/04/201314:0001:007102

<tbody>
</tbody>

Regular rates starts from 6am to 10pm. Night Shift with differential rate from 10pm to 6am. Overtime starts at the tenth hour of duty to be counted as 1 hour OT. 1 hour break time every after four hours. The purpose of this is to calculate properly employee salaries from different rates.

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Hi and welcome to MrExcel.

You may want to take a look here....

Excel Magic Trick 286: MOD function & Time Calculations (Time For Night Shift, or Negative Time) - YouTube

And here.....

Working With Times Example Page

The following is sample data and example answers, I am NOT suggesting that this is the solution you require.
All I am doing is showing you how you may want to set your data up and the complexity of getting the formulas constructed based on the different criteria you have.

Excel Workbook
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP
1NameDateTime InTime OutRegularNight ShiftRegular OTNight Shift OTTotal HrsTotal Hrs - BreakStart of DayNight RateOT HrsBreak
2Bill01/04/20132:00 PM1:00 AM71 211106:00 AM22:001001:00
3Ben01/04/201310:00 AM10:00 PM1011211
4Bob01/04/201312:00 PM1:00 AM9131312
5Tim01/04/20136:00 AM6:00 PM1011211
Sheet11

The formulas need to be copied down.
I have NOT covered all the different hours that may be worked, the above is just a brief pointer for you.
I strongly suggest that you watch some of the videos that Mike has on Time and Payroll, just type Night Shift, Payroll or Time into the search box and all relevant videos will appear.

I hope this helps, I'm sorry that I couldn't have been of more help, but the above is the extent of my knowledge on this.

Good luck.

Ak

Upvote 0
Thanks Sir AK! This is a great help. A good point of view to start on with. Thanks you for all the resources. These are cool!:cool:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back