Edit Connections - no external link

SoupLaura

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a master dashboard file with 5 separate connections - none of which link to any external connection file. They are very simple background tables where I simply need to add in a couple of new business hierarchy levels.

I've tried editing in the following ways:

1. I right-click on Connection4, go to properties, everything under usage is greyed out, within "Definition" there are no linked connection files. It simply says Connection Type: Add-in data Connection. There is no field for me to edit or click into anything further.

2. I try opening up the Connection via Data tab, Existing Connections. I double click in and open the table into a new worksheet. The table appears in a new worksheet. I edit it and add in my new fields, but there is no way for me to save it. I try refreshing, but no luck. When I go back in to my original connection, my changes haven't saved anywhere.

Does anyone have any ideas for how I can solve this? I have a beautifully designed report that will become completely defunct if I can't find this simple fix.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Edit Connection - no external link
There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back