bearcub

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I've notice the past few days that whenever I open a file that someone has sent to me or I downloaded (from trusted sites) that I get the following:

1664567709588.png

In the past, I would click on the Enable Editing button and I would be able to edit. Now, it seems, I am being directed automatically to a MSFT website. The files I am downloading don't contain macros of any kind.

Has any experienced this within the past week or is it just me. The only way I can disable that button is to press F12 to enable saving.

1664567798426.png

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
If you follow these steps then you do so at your own risk, it will allow the files through that you know are safe but will also allow any potentially unsafe files to go unchecked.

The web page comes when you click on the red banner that comes up after the yellow one is cleared. You can prevent the web page warning by following these steps.

File > Options > Trust center > Trust center settings (button) > Macro settings.

Anything other than 'Enable' on the radio button will direct you to that warning (setting it to Enable to circumvent the warning will also remove any protection from potentially dangerous code).

For the yellow banner that you show in the first image, File > Options > Trust center > Trust center settings (button) > Protected View and uncheck the box.

Upvote 0
If you have set up trusted locations on your computer, moving the file to a trusted location should resolve the issue.

Upvote 0
@Alex Blakenburg I'm wondering if something has been changed in a recent update. I had the same thing with an auto recover workbook a couple of days ago.
Out of maybe 50-100 auto recovered workbooks, this was the first time that I can remember the warning coming up.

Upvote 0
@Alex Blakenburg I'm wondering if something has been changed in a recent update. I had the same thing with an auto recover workbook a couple of days ago.
Out of maybe 50-100 auto recovered workbooks, this was the first time that I can remember the warning coming up.

I have also only experienced it recently, so I would think it is likely that something has changed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back