SBF12345

Greetings again,

I am receiving an error "wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment" on the line below:

Code:
Set Fnd = MAIN.Worksheets("M_" & AC).Range.Find(What:=COM.Worksheets(AC).Cells(j, 1).Value, After:=MAIN.Worksheets("M_" & AC).Cells(1, 1), LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlNext)

Also, some of the variables I am using included in this line:

Code:
Dim Fnd As Range
Set COM = Workbooks("COMM_COMBINED.xls")
Set MAIN = Workbooks("COMM_LD_MAIN.xls")

Code:
j = 3

For Each ws In COM.Worksheets    
    AC = ws.Name

Do While COM.Worksheets(AC).Cells(j, 1) <> ""

Set Fnd = MAIN.Worksheets("M_" & AC).Range.Find(What:=COM.Worksheets(AC).Cells(j, 1).Value, After:=MAIN.Worksheets("M_" & AC).Cells(1, 1), LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlNext)

If Not Fnd Is Nothing Then

MAIN.Worksheets("M_" & AC).Range(Fnd, Fnd.End(xlToRight)).Copy
            COM.Worksheets(AC).Activate
            Cells(j, 1).Select
            Selection.End(xlToRight).Offset(0, 1).Select
            Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

End If

j = j + 1

Loop

COM.Worksheets(AC).Activate
            Cells(j, 1).Select
            b = Selection.End(xlToRight).Offset(0, 1).Column

Next ws

My intention with this chunk is to loop through dates on one worksheet to test whether or not the same date is included on another sheet by a similar name in a different workbook. If there are matching dates then I would like to copy the range from the MAIN workbook using the current fnd range variable and paste it on another sheet.

Thanks for all your help and input!

I did rewrite it with a set of loops and it seems to be working well and doing so within a reasonable amount of time.

I am glad you worked out that you needed another level of looping ... it wasn't clear from your previous posts that there might be multiple find results for each value of COMVAR.

I am guessing that you want to start at row 3 in each worksheet? If so, you'll need j=3 inside the For each ws ... loop

You can also do this more efficiently by using AutoFilter. For each value of COMVAR, filter for that value and simply copy all the filtered results in one go. You can use the macro recorder to help you with the syntax. It will be much faster than comparing values line by line.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hmoh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back