Evenly Distribute Values with Weighting

Reedo311

So first time post for me but likely will have more with some new responsibilities I've picked up.

I have a scenario where I'm trying to forecast the number of events that will happen for each quarter based on the total number of events and duration of the service period. There's alot more that goes into each cell but I've simplified it to this, if I can figure this out I should be able to carry the other logic and values through.

Ex1:
I want to distribute 7 events over a 1 year period for each quarter, seems easy but each event is discrete and so I can only have multiples of 1 and I'd like to weight the distribution on the front end. So it should like like this.

Q1=2, Q2=2, Q3=2, Q4=1

Ideally each cell will have the same formula based on any number of inputs in the same row so a lot of $A1 etc. We can add any number of columns required to simply calculation.

The number of events can vary from 0 to 150 or more, but the period will be a maximum of 3 years or 12 quarters.

I've attached a picture with a few more examples. (I'll work on the HTML maker when I have some more time)

<table style="width:auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From October 24, 2011</td></tr></tbody></table>

ovEgICEBWe8aPb9_oZAbEA

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wingedshoes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back