Excel 2007 (I know) Conditional Formating

sTremper

I still have 2007 and am trying to use a formula to pull a match from another worksheet but 2007 will not allow "AnotherWorksheet!"

Is there way like Vlookup or Match that I can use to look at worksheet 2 for a match and if so highlight cell in worksheet 1?

Thanks, Steve

onlyadrafter

Hello,

If you put the formula into a cell somewhere else on the same sheet as the conditional formatting, can you not then reference this cell?

mole999

the other sheet, can you select the value set and name that range then use the named range

sTremper

Yes. Unfortunately the data I am trying to compare it to is on the other worksheet.

sTremper

I have a name range but it's on another worksheet and when I point to "Worksheet2!" it will not allow it.

onlyadrafter

Hello,

another option:

If in Sheet2 cell A1 you have YES and you want to highlight cell A1 in sheet 1 if Sheet 2 cell A1 = YES:

In Sheet 1, Cell B1 enter Sheet2!A1

In Sheet 1, cell A1, select FORMAT --> CONDITIONAL FORMATTING, change Cel Value is to formula is, and enter =INDIRECT(B1)="YES", format as required.

Does this solve your problem?

Jonmo1

MrExcel MVP
I have a name range but it's on another worksheet and when I point to "Worksheet2!" it will not allow it.
But in conditional formatting, you wouldn't point to "Worksheet2!"
You'd point to "Name"

Whatever you named the range.

MyRange is a named range referring to Sheet2!$A$1
In conditional formatting on Sheet1 you can use
=A1=MyRange

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gossow

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...