Excel 2010 making a certain calender/agenda function

Gonio

First let me apologize for any mistypings or spelling errors I make. I'm no native English speaking or writing person.
But there is an function/ possibility I haven't come across yet (dummy here), so I thought to give it a shot and put my question here hoping it can be done, and also be explained if possible. I have Excel 2010, running on windows server 2008 R2.

The basic idea is simple: I want to make an calendar suitable for my job (think I can make that).
On every work day I fill in where the workers go and where, and use a 6 digit number that is corresponding with a certain assignment. No problem @ all, except that it takes a large amount of time to fill in.

So I thought ( and that's the question): Is it possible in Excel 2010 to make an sheet besides my calendar, where I can fill in certain data in pre determined cells (so I don't have to look up that day), combine it with a date, and then (probably using the wrong words for this) "upload" the entered info from the cells to the specific date given in the agenda with an certain click button or function?

I did put an pic of how I kinda imagined it as an attachment with an example:
So I have a name (John), number (334565) and location (New York). I select the date 16 May 2014, and once I would use that "upload" button or function, Excel puts the data in my calendar on 16 May 2014 (possibly with multiple others on the same date as well). Then clear and repeat for other workers...

attachment.ashx

Thank you for your time looking. Hoping this is possible... :)

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoonDancer

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back