Excel 2011 for Mac - command to create new form and name sheet according to date entered

scheermadness

I'm trying to create a very user friendly form for a team of mental health workers, who are not tech savvy.
Essentially, it's a progress note that is filled out after each session. I'd like for the template to carry over to the next sheet and be named the date of session that the therapist enters in a particular cell.
Rather than copying and pasting the form on multiple sheets, I'd like the user to be able to hit a button that brings up a new sheet, which will be automatically named "mm-dd-yy" as soon as she enters that information (which will hopefully be via a date picker.)

As each session gets its own note (and sheet), I'd also like to have the "Session #" cell be automatically populated - sequentially.

I mentioned that the therapists are not tech savvy, but I am not an expert by any means, so I struggle with understanding code writing.

I'm using Excel 2011 for Mac.

Please help. You're my only hope, Obi Wan.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back