Excel automatic move of screen /work area.?

excel5028000

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello you all great and super helpful people! I hope everyone’s doing fine and excellent.

Something that’s been baffling me recently.

On Microsoft Office 2010—specifically Excel 2010—suppose you are on a sheet with data filled from column A thru F and more importantly vertically populated ranging from row 1 thru 6580.

Suppose you do Cntrl+Arrow down and your cursor is on the last row of the data. Then suppose you hit filter to put the filter on row 1. When you do that, the full screen automatically goes to row 1, whereas previously on your (eye level view) screen you were on around row 6580 as stated earlier.

Well this convenient and super-fast movement is where I was able to zip thru a lot of worksheets and work thru at work and everywhere else seems disabled or missing on my computer and I don’t even know what’s it called.

Unfortunately—this convenient movement of the screen or work area seems unavailable on my Excel 2016 or Excel 365 at my work computer. What gives? What’s this function called so I may enable it? Because right now when I activate the filter, I have to manually go up to row 1.

Thank you as always.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
This seems to be a default basic function of Excel and should not have any Enable/Disable option. However you may share a sample date where you are facing the issue for a better understanding and resolution on the same.

Upvote 0
Thank you for reply ashakantasharma.

Issue got fixed briefly when I reinstalled MS Office but still present. Not feasible to keep reinstalling although fresh install of things is always best. I am searching around. Will disclose solution if found.
Oddly enough Excel 2010 seem fine. It's my 2016 version that's plagued both at home and work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoom82

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back