Excel Borders

ralph76

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I recently upgrade my home laptop. I'm running Windows 11 and Microsoft Excel 365.

My question pertains to Format Cells > Borders. When I format a spreadsheet with Borders, most of the cell borders print, but several cells don't print. Plus, if I make no changes to the spreadsheet, but print it again, the cells now that don't print with borders are different than the cells that didn't print the borders previously. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

you're welcome. If you think you've found a solution in the thread, please mark that post as the answer.

Best Wishes.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Awoohaw,

For the heck of it, I just Googled my Excel border printing issue (as it related specifically to a Brother printer) and one of the possible corrective measures was to ensure that my printer was selected as the Default Printer. Unbelievably, once I did that, the finest dot borders now works 100%!

I think I know what happened. About 3 weeks ago I was pushed a Microsoft OS update, and as soon as I invoked the update, my computer crashed. (Thanks, Microsoft! :mad:)
I sent it to Dell who checked out the entire system and then installed a new Solid State Drive, which was unreadable. When I received it back from Dell, I began printing various documents successfully. Maybe I was successful in printing lightly formatted spreadsheets because my laptop was able automatically acquired my printer, even though I never designate it as my DEFAULT printer. Maybe I'm making the solution fit the situation, but all I know is that after designating my printer as the default printer, everything is working perfectly. Thought you might like to know. Thanks again for your time and suggestions!
Great research, you've solved your own question!

Best wishes.

Upvote 0
@ralph76
If one of the posts answers your question, please mark that post as the solution to help future readers. Post #12 does not answer your question so I have removed the 'mark as solution' from that post.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back