Excel checklist to send email if tasks are past due

bbalch

Board Regular
I’m not sure if this is possible but I’m curious to see if anyone has a solution or recommendations.

I have a month end accounting checklist with various tasks assigned to different people. We have a consistent problem of people not completing their tasks on time. What I’m after is something that will send an email reminder from outlook if the task has not been signed off on at 5:00 PM of the due date.

The month end checklist’s layout is: Column A = Date to Complete, Column B = Task, Column C = Module, Column D = Person Responsible, and Column E = Date Completed.

If this if statement equals "yes" I would like outlook to generate an email to the person responsible in column d that says the task in column b is due. =IF(AND(A12=TODAY(),ISBLANK(E12)),"yes","no") The person responsible's email addresses is in Table2 and can be found with this vlookup =VLOOKUP(I17,Table2[[#All],[First]:],2,0)

I'm not very experienced with vba in excel and have no experience with vba in outlook. Is something like this even possible? If so any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandan4057

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back