Excel Constantly Crashes - Possible Fix

JeffGrant

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

If your excel crashes regularly, or when you open a workbook, Excel instantly closes, this may be a possible solution.

Microsoft recognised that an update from 2022, causes issues. I hope this works for me :)

Regards

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
UPDATE: I have removed all conditional formatting from all sheets in the model. I will also be running this model with anti-virus and see if these two changes make any difference.

Upvote 0
Dear All, for almost 2 years now, I have been experiencing constant crashes, file corruption, and rebuild. The number of hours I have lost doing open Open & Repair's or Project Cleaning is countless.

At last, a set of tools from Home not only found the problem, but fix it on the first install.

I don't know what to say to the production team of these tools, other than the biggest thankyou that I can give. Since installing Ribbon Commander, not a single crash - Not one!!!!!!

This is unheard off for over 18 months. This workbook which was being corrupted everyday, 3,4,5,6 times day has now not crashed for two weeks.

Upon install Ribbon commander identified some remnant code from an add-in that was long since removed. No other tool was able to identify this.

I did every suggest remedy available over the last 18 months, from removing all conditional formatting, debloated, cleared unused ranges (several methods), breaking the working up into smaller components, removing unnecessary code, removing unnecessary sheet, purchasing several tools that promised to fix the issue, upgraded system memory, getting office 365 and windows 11 up to date at all times etc etc etc.

With a huge amount of hesitancy, I really didn't want to buy an another empty promise. But I took the plunge again and for the last two weeks I have enjoyed trouble free modelling.

These tools are without any doubt, well worth every penny.

That address again is Home.

Thank you all for the many suggestions to help solve this problem. all of your experience is truly extremely valuable.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aides

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back