Excel Data Base?

REDX

I've been working with access for about 7 years now, I migrated from the old LOTUS days when you could make a pretty fair data base from a spread sheet, I really miss that.

My question is:

Is there anyway to turn my excel spreadsheet into a one stop shop? I'm tired of having to manipulate formula's thru excel and then import to access to use the data base functions.

I would love to be able to bring up a form that would querry my spreadsheet. The current form option is very limited and will not except my rather larger spreadsheet (37 columns).

OK...all my date fields are working perfectly with the expression you provided Norie, now I have one last problem and it's a keeper.

I have to add days (intervals for due dates) to these dates, an example would be:

A piece of equipment that has a date of 10/15/2005 will be due for calibration in 365 days, I have to be able to show the due date for this item, it should be due 10/15/2006. I tried to add my due date interval column to the date column and I get an "#error".

In excel I have a formula that adds date interval (30, 182, 365) to my due dates. =IF(O2=0,"",SUM(N2+R2)).

R2 = date, N2 = interval.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
How are you trying to do this?

Take a look at DateAdd.

DueDate:DateAdd("d",365,[RealDate])

or

DueDate:DateAdd("yyyy",1,[RealDate])

Upvote 0
Your examples work perfectly!

I added a column called INTERVAL and did and expression like so:

Due Date: DateAdd("d",[interval],[RealDate])

I think I'm finally getting the hang of these expressions after 7 years, I really was trying get rid of access but you change my mind and now I think excel is taking a back seat!

Thanks so much Norie!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrcsbenson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back