Excel Data Filter Drop Down list

jma49

I have two Excel spreadsheets in this workbook and am using 2007 for development. Sheet1 contains the raw data and sheet2 contains summary information about the data on sheet1. I wish to restrict the user's access to sheet1 but I would like the user to be able to apply filters on the data in sheet1 via some method on sheet2. I know I can set up combo boxes to achive this but I'm looking for a cleaner, better looking way to do it. I would like to have a drop down box, command button, check box, or whatever on sheet2 that when activated will display just like the data filter drop down on sheet1 for the respected column and give the users the selections just like the data filter dropdown. Is there a simpler way to accomplish this without having to rewrite all the excel code that already exist to support this data filter selection function?

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
New link works great. Thanks for your interest and sharing the code. It looks pretty neat but is not exactly what I'm looking for with the posted issue.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back