Excel file not appearing the same on different computers

SaraWitch

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi peeps,

I have a very strange occurrence where the same Excel workbook is appearing differently on different computers/laptops. All devices have exactly the same Excel versions (Windows 10) and my organisational IT have no idea why this is happening and I can't find any conclusive solutions searching the Tinternet!

I have changed the Excel General User Interface options to 'Optimize for compatibility' but this has made no difference.

If I make changes in my squishy-view (which has only happened since getting a new laptop (although someone else with the same upgraded laptop views the workbook as it should be and another user gets the squishy view in an old laptop!)), it changes the view for the majority of others - now appearing elongated for them. I have copied the exact file to a memory stick and the workbook is fine on my personal computer.

The squishy-squashy view is random and is only happening in some Excel workbooks, and only seems to affect objects (I've attached a couple of images and highlighted in red the squished objects).

If anybody has come across this before and has a solution, I would be eternally grateful as it's driving me mad!!

Thank you...

Attachments

• Squishy View 1.png
    Squishy View 1.png
    165.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Squishy View 2.png
    Squishy View 2.png
    61 KB · Views: 19
Just curious, are the screen resolutions the same for all pc's? What happens when you change the screen resolution? Dave

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
It's so strange. I've meticulously compared settings and they are all the same - screen resolutions, display settings (only thing I didn't have is the Graphics Settings, "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling") and Excel settings.

Bizarre that it's only happening to a few workbooks too... My! It's driving me mad!

I shall put in a request for a new laptop, but seeing as though I've had to wait for eight months for this one, I envisage months of frustration! :rolleyes: I shall persevere with trying to find a solution - if anyone has any other suggestions, they would be most welcomed!

In the meantime, thank you all for your help... :)

Upvote 0
I've been dealing with this kinda stuff for years. I make data entry forms with graphics a lot. I've just learned that if I want the wider audience to see a great layout, I have to test it on several other computers and adjust the sizes.

What you're talking about is NORMAL!

Upvote 0
But when I adjust the sizes, they don't view properly on other devices - I too have been working for years with graphics, objects, and pictures in Excel and have never come across this before. It certainly doesn't feel normal for me!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back