Excel Forms

rinneii

Hey!

So I'm trying to make a form that will track purchase orders, which isn't what I'm struggling with. My question is, can I have a value (in this case, a purchase order number) returned to the user after they have filled out the form? Like as a pop up box or message box? Ideally the PO number gets incremented each time the form is filled out, but one step at a time haha.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
By form, I think you mean Userform?

If you mean form like in Access, then I would recommend that like Access, you make a recordset which in Excel would be a worksheet. I would then make the worksheet hold the data to fill a form. You can then use the row number or that number plus a base number for the PO number. e.g. =Row()+1000

I have done that sort of thing with work orders. The user runs the macro, selects the the row/record, and the template "form" on another worksheet then gets filled. The "form" worksheet can be saved as PDF too.

Upvote 0
By form, I think you mean Userform?

If you mean form like in Access, then I would recommend that like Access, you make a recordset which in Excel would be a worksheet. I would then make the worksheet hold the data to fill a form. You can then use the row number or that number plus a base number for the PO number. e.g. =Row()+1000

I have done that sort of thing with work orders. The user runs the macro, selects the the row/record, and the template "form" on another worksheet then gets filled. The "form" worksheet can be saved as PDF too.
I was just taking a look at userforms and I think that would be what I want. Would I be able to make it return a value from a cell as an inputbox or a messagebox?

Upvote 0
Yes, those and other ways too. A userform's Textbox control can have it's ControlSource property set so that if changed in worksheet or textbox, value is updated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back