Neblett99

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hi Guys,

I am trying to do an Excel Sheet that shows different prices for a Product depending what term of Contract they have taken.

I have the product in cell D and the 24 month contract price in cell E, 36 Month contract price in F and Outright price in cell G.

I then have a separate sheet that has the Contract Length drop down in Cell E3, product in F3, Model in G3 and price in H3.

I would like to know what Formular to use so that when the contract length is selected in cell E3, H3 will automatically pull the correct price depending what product and Model has been selected in Cells F3 & G3.

Kind Regards

Ben

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
You can use an INDEX/MATCH function to accomplish this task. Here's an example formula that you can use:

=INDEX(Sheet1!$E$2:$G$10,MATCH(F3&"|"&G3,Sheet1!$A$2:$A$10&"|"&Sheet1!$B$2:$B$10,0),MATCH(E3,Sheet1!$E$1:$G$1,0))

Here's how the formula works:

• The INDEX function is used to return the value from the specified range (Sheet1!$E$2:$G$10) based on the row and column numbers.
  • The MATCH function is used twice to determine the row and column numbers for the INDEX function.
  • In the first MATCH function, we concatenate the values in F3 and G3 with "|" as a delimiter, and search for this concatenated string in the first two columns of the range A2:B10 in Sheet1.
  • In the second MATCH function, we search for the value in E3 in the first row of the range E1:G1 in Sheet1.
  • The formula returns the value at the intersection of the row and column numbers determined by the MATCH functions.
Note that in the formula, Sheet1 refers to the sheet that contains the price data for the different product models and contract lengths, and you will need to adjust the range references in the formula to match your actual data.

Upvote 0
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.

Can you post some sample data.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.
Hi,

Thankyou for the welcome and advise.

Unfortunately, I am using a work computer and we cannot add any outside sources to our systems.

I have attached a couple of screenshots that will hopefully help to see what kind of Formula I will need.

Price Sheet.
1682000207659.png

Price Checker sheet
1682000243890.png

Upvote 0
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.

Hi Fluff,

Thankyou for your advice.

I have attached a photo of each of my sheets. Would you be able to have a look at them and see if you can create a working formula so the price in Cell H3 will work out the price for the product depending on what contract length is selected in Cell E3.

Price Sheet.
View attachment 90120

Price Checker sheet
View attachment 90121

Upvote 0
Thanks for that.
How about
Excel Formula:
=CHOOSECOLS(FILTER(Price!E3:G13,Price!D3:D13=G3),MATCH(E4,Price!E2:G2,0))

Upvote 0
Thanks for that.
How about
Excel Formula:
=CHOOSECOLS(FILTER(Price!E3:G13,Price!D3:D13=G3),MATCH(E4,Price!E2:G2,0))
Hi Flutt,

Thankyou so much, that worked!!!

In the Contract Length cell E3, I have a drop down to be able to select, 24 month or a 36 month contract.

How would I change the formula to count these in also?

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back