Excel Formula Need for Data input

ProvenzaLife39

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
First, I want to thank you in advance for helping me with this challenge I'm trying to solve. I’m trying to leverage technology to save me from hours of data entry for a hobby I have. I will upload to screenshots to support the challenge I’m trying to solve and to better explain my situation

I have some data in excel that I want to be shown in a certain format on a Layout tab. Sounds easy enough? Example The data tab list numbers and dates. I want to have a formula that if a number is there, then on the layout tab it would mark that number as a yes under the date. I will keep my explanation simple and answer any follow-up questions you may have. Thanks again!

Provenza

Attachments

• Data Tabe 2.png
    Data Tabe 2.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Layout Tab 1.png
    Layout Tab 1.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 11

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

Your images, especially the first one, are very small and hard to read. Further, to test any possible solution for you, helpers would need to do a fair bit of manual typing - which most are not so keen on. ;)

Perhaps you could reconsider submitting small sample data using the following:

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
Thanks for breaking the ice, Peter! I also appreciate the tool. Im having some trouble downloading it. Going to try to get it to work. In the meantime, here is what I hope to be a better and more clear version of the images.

Attachments

• Data Tabe 2.png
    Data Tabe 2.png
    221.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Layout Tab 1.png
    Layout Tab 1.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
I downloaded the app but for some reason it's not showing on my ribbon. Once I figure out how to resolve that, I will post the data. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Son Raphon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back