Excel Help needed... I can't do VBA, so hopefully this can be achieved otherwise.

Juliewinters

Hi, I have an excel sheet which people use to list the samples requested for each potential client on each day, so this sheet will have multiple entries under the main column headings, product code, description, quantity, client and date. A simple columnar format.

I want to link this main summary sheet to a single A4 form in sheet 2, called a sample form which will be printed out for each unique client request.

I know how to link sheets using the paste special, but I want to find a way of automatically, when you open the excel document and you're adding a new request that the other sheet with the sample form will only pick up the items listed on the sample form with a unique date (i.e the day it is added) and client and just select the list of items entered on the day into the sample form, which would can be printed out for each client and submitted as a request to the office. Thanks:confused:

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Hello

You could use lookup functions to search for a date (perhaps the date of today) in a column in sheet1.
And retrieve the associated cell values in the other columns. Hence, sheet 1 must also contain a date.
Or: you could assume it's always the last row on sheet1 that is transferred to sheet2. In that case, other formulas could look up the last entry in each column.

Upvote 0
Hello

You could use lookup functions to search for a date (perhaps the date of today) in a column in sheet1.
And retrieve the associated cell values in the other columns. Hence, sheet 1 must also contain a date.
Or: you could assume it's always the last row on sheet1 that is transferred to sheet2. In that case, other formulas could look up the last entry in each column.

Thank you very much. I will try this out when I am back and will let you know how this works.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back