Excel Macro Help

eddiet

Hey,

I think I got my last issue resolved now, so I need some more additional help because this code will be beyond my self-taught skills.

This is what I'm trying to do.

I have a table of information that for example has Y number of columns of information. Lets then say that I have X amount of rows of information. What I'm trying to do is create a macro that will count the number of rows, because it'll be a variable amount of data in real life, and then create X amount of tabs and then populate this standard template (the standard template would be tab#1) that I have with the respective information from that table. So basically its like when you use Excel and Word to create individual letters.

So to sum it up, I want to have this macro to count the number of rows of information, then make that number of tabs of a standard template (the standard template would be tab#1), and then populate this template with the respective information.

Can anyone help me get started, I like a challenge so its not completly necessary to give me all the code, just a good way to start (like how to get the macro to "count" the rows of data and then make copies of the template).

Thanks

sorry I should have been more clear. Its making the copies of the sheets like it should, but its making more copies of it then it should. If I remember right its about 12 copies that it makes

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Yes merged cells will have an effect. And down the line as well. If you can work without merged cells, things will be much easier.
Does each block of data have the same number of rows?

Upvote 0
Yes they do, so I think my little modification to "x" will always work.

Thanks again for all your help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back