Excel noob question - Combine a specific range from "Sheet 2" of multiple workbooks into a sheet of a new workbook

shortcutsplease

Hi everyone,

I have found useful tips and shortcuts on this website before. This is my first time posting on the forum and I don't really know how to script in VBA (or any other language) or how to use PowerQuery. So I have a task/question that may be rather simple for intermediate or advanced users of Excel:

In the title of the question by "combine" I mean the following:
I have individual rows of specific lengths in Sheet 2 of multiple workbooks (about 100 workbooks) and I would like to copy all those rows and paste them one below the other in Sheet 1 of a new "Combined" workbook and form one big table.

The exact sequence would be like this:
Copy the values from Range C5:L5 in Sheet 2 of Workbook 1, paste as values in B2:K2 of Sheet 1 of "Combined" Workbook. Then copy similar values from Range C5:L5 in Sheet 2 of Workbook 2, paste as values in B3:K3 of Sheet 1 of "Combined" Workbook. Loop through all the workbooks in a folder (masterFolder) and complete the first table.

Once that is complete, repeat the above process for a slightly different range. That is, Copy values from O5:X5 in Sheet 2 of Workbook 1, paste as values in B2:K2 of Sheet 2 of "Combined" Workbook. Then copy similar values from Range O5:X5 in Sheet 2 of Workbook 2, paste as values in B3:K3 of Sheet 2 of "Combined" Workbook. Loop through all the workbooks in the same folder (masterFolder) for this second range and complete the table in Sheet 2. Repeat this for a third range (but I think I can make those modifications once I know how to automate these two steps).

I am looking at VBA (for and DoWhile loops) and PowerQuery (append feature) but since I don't yet know enough about either of them I feel overwhelmed and am not able to make real progress. So any leads, links to tutorials that would directly address these two questions—either using VBA or PowerQuery—would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back